Monday, November 16, 2015

It's been a long time since I posted on my blog.  No excuses.
For me, the daily Scripture comes alive in so many different ways.
I want to return to sharing my thoughts on the daily Gospel or perhaps another of the chosen Scripture passages for the day.
+
Today:   Luke   chapter 18   verses 35-43
+
Jesus promises us that He will listen to our request just as He listens to the blind man in this passage. But what should my request be?  To have a more comfortable stool to sit on by the roadside so that I can beg with more comfort and ease?  To have a cleaner, more beautiful cup to collect coins in?  Or do I want to see?  See!
Often what we really need is not what we ask for in prayer.  Often what we need is the vision that only the supernatural virtue of faith can give.  We need the ability to see everything from God's vantage point and to see how the difficulties and trials we experience are part of a much larger picture.  We need to have the firm assurance of the final victory of the Lamb, Jesus, and the strength to persevere in fidelity.  Lord, please let me see.  Please increase my faith.
+
Lord Jesus, allow me to praise and glorify You for Your constant companionship and for never leaving me alone in my struggles and trials.  Increase my faith so that I will be able to experience Your love even in the midst of difficulty and trials.
+


No comments: