Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday

+
Few people ever welcome Jesus with the joy and exuberance as did the man, Zacchaeus. He came down from the tree, gave half his wealth to the poor and promised to restore any fraudulent transactions four times over. Zacchaeus has truly been that merchant in search of fine pearls. He is willing to sell all he has to buy that pearl of great price (remember Matthew 13:45-46): friendship and intimacy with the Lord. How many times has Jesus looked up at me and asked me to remain with Him? How many times have I had the immense grace of receiving the King of Kings into my heart by receiving the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist? Do I offer merely a corner of my heart to Him or do I offer Him the presidential suite? Do I maintain a pure soul for my special Guest?
+
Jesus help me to be willing to do whatever it takes to grow in a deeper friendship with You. Don't allow me to be overly concerned with the voices of the world that surround me but only to listen to Your voice and to respond to You with generosity.
+

No comments: