Tuesday, January 12, 2016

.
.
Scripture verse for today:
     "Oh that I were in the months past   ...   and my children we        round about me."
.
.
“Hurry!” Matt Archbold told his wife and five kids.  “We’ve got to get on the road so we can sit in traffic.” 
And sit in traffic they did during the family’s road trip to Boston.  To test Archbold’s patience even more, the kids spent most of the ride noisily arguing, laughing, and yelling at each other while playing a game called Robot Apocalypse.
After finally arriving in Boston, the family did some sightseeing and Archbold found himself engaged in conversation with an elderly man who saw his abundance of kids. “My wife and I had seven,” he told Archbold. “Enjoy them. Treasure every moment. It used to be I couldn’t wait until I had some quiet in the house. And now quiet’s all I got. I miss the noise.”

That observation left an impression on Archbold. He wrote, “The next day the kids, my wife, and I got back into the van to go home. We took our time, sang, giggled, and snorted the whole way…It was a great long trip. When I parked the van in our driveway, I sat a moment and thanked God for the noise.”
.
Lord, help me to love my family.
.

No comments: